Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] What about LIMIT in SELECT ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I would even go far enough to call it a bugfix, as it does not really
> introduce any new functionality only fixes some existing functionality
> so that much bigger databases can be actually used.
>
> I would  compare it in this sense to finding the places where
> username/password get truncated below their actual values in pg_passwd
> ;)

We just can't test is on the wide variation of people's queries, though
passing the regression test is a good indication it is OK.

However, we are very close to release.  Yes, I know it is a pain to
wait, but we are not even done discussion all the options yet, and I
still have the cnfify fix to look at.

I am sure we will have post 6.4 releases, just like we have everyone
runing 6.3.2 rather than 6.3.  There will be other now-undiscovered
fixes in post 6.4 cleanup releases, and we will hopefully have a _full_
solution to the problem at that point.