Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:
  >Let me ask you though, when was the last time you updated the shared libs
  >and didn't update the utils that used them?

Well, using Debian's packaging system, I don't have to worry about it; the
dependencies should take care of such things...
  >Regardless, just because Debian or any other system can't figure out how
  >to do library versioning doesn't mean it should handycap any correct ELF
  >library solution.  The little warning you pased about -rpath is bogus; if
  >the library changes and the minor version is bumped, no problems will be
  >experienced because, by definition, such changes do not alter behavior.
  >A change that would cause problems will require a relink anyway as you're
  >no longer linking against the same library.  (libpq1.so.0 vs libpq2.so.0).

I've been trying to find any more information than the single sentence I
quoted; there was nothing in the documentation on my own system.

  >BTW, you misspelled 'Debian GNU/Linux'.

Sheer laziness!

     "Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,
      who does not look to the proud, to those who turn
      aside to false gods."            Psalms 40:4