Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] dynamic libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:
  >  For
  >ELF, the specification supports compiled in library search paths; lets use
  >them.  Asking the system administrator to keep track of another library
  >path is most assuming.  -R/--rpath also makes it simpler for non-root
  >users to install PostgreSQL.

If you do this, Debian Linux will consider it a bug and I shall have to take
it out for the Debian package.  From Debian documentation:

   "`-rpath' can cause big problems if the referenced
    libraries get updated. Therefore, no Debian package should use the
    `-rpath' option."

     "Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust,
      who does not look to the proud, to those who turn
      aside to false gods."            Psalms 40:4