Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     (A AND B) OR (C AND D)  ==>    (A AND B) UNION (C AND D)
>
> The rules to qualify are fairly strict.     Must be have ANDs; rectangular in
> shape;  all (VAR op CONST) type nodes; minimum of 10 nodes; etc.   I was
> targeting the keysets queries generated by ODBC tools.
>
> As for the current direction this thread is going, (factoring) I have one
> word of caution.   PREPARE.   If you take this route, you will never be able
> to implement a workable PREPARE statement.   I believe that in order for
> PostgrerSQL ever become a industrial strength client/server it must implement
> a PREPARE statement with parameters.

I see that adding nodes it going to mess up prepare, but we already add
extra nodes as part of part of "col in (1, 2, 3)."

I think the PARAM's we already use will be duplicated/removed and still
retain their values for substitution.  They just may be in a different
order.