Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > Create a temporary oid hash? (for each table selected on, I guess)
> >
> > What I did with indexes was to run the previous OR clause index
> > restrictions through the qualification code, and make sure it failed,
> > but I am not sure how that is going to work with a more complex WHERE
> > clause.  Perhaps I need to restrict this to just simple cases of
> > constants, which are easy to pick out an run through.  Doing this with
> > joins would be very hard, I think.
>
> Actually, I was thinking more of an index of returned rows... After each
> subquery, the backend would check each row to see if it was already in the
> index... Simple duplicate check, in other words. Of course, I don't know how
> well this would behave with large tables being returned...
>
> Anyone else have some ideas they want to throw in?

I certainly think we are heading in the direction for a good general
solution.

От: jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)