Re: [HACKERS] delete from ..;vacuum crashes

От t-ishii@sra.co.jp (Tatsuo Ishii)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] delete from ..;vacuum crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 2:14 AM 98.10.2 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
>> Here is a report regarding the backend-crash from a user in Japan.
>> Included shell script should reproduce the phenomenon.
>
>On which postgres version(s)?

The latest cvs source tree (I have not tried this for 6.3.2).

>The implication of this is that psql -c "select * from getting; vacuum;"
>executes the select and the vacuum as part of a single transaction,
>whereas any other way of doing it with psql will make the commands be
>two separate transactions.  I speculate that this has something to do
>with the different behavior you see.

So basically the backend treats multiple SQL statements conjucted with ";"
as a single transaction?

If this is the cause of the problem, following SQLs should produce
the backend death too. I will try this.

begin;
select * from getting;
vacuum;