Re: [GENERAL] slow queries

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [GENERAL] slow queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Good wrote:
  >I have a query that looks up a patient's placement (which ward)
  >in one table and then looks up diagnostic and demographic data
  >in another...takes 53 seconds.  Ouch.
  >
  >However, when I use table aliasing...the query output is on the
  >screen *before* I submit the query.  ;-)
  >
  >I'll send syntax, if you like.

Please do, to the list.  I have never heard of 'table aliasing' and would
like to know more.

     "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure,
      pressed down, and shaken together, and running over,
      shall men pour into your lap. For by your standard of
      measure it will be measured to in return."
                                           Luke 6:38