problems with Insight's ODBC driver and Access 97

От Roland Dirlewanger
Тема problems with Insight's ODBC driver and Access 97
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
We have a Postgres 6.3.2 database on Linux 2.0.32/RedHat 5.0. We configured
Microsoft Access 97 on NT 4.0 workstation and the PostSQL ODBC driver from
Insight to query the database.

There's no problem to link a Postgres table in Access 97 and consult the
database.

On the other hand, if we modify a value from Access 97, Access blocks forever.
 The last string I got in the log file is :

query='UPDATE "table1" SET "id"='CIE'  WHERE "nogcf" = 'xxx' AND "id" = '' AND
"raison" = 'xxx ''

I tried with Openlink's PostgresSQL and the same configuration : both read and
write requests work.

Does someone knows what I'm doing wrong with Insight's PostSQL ODBC ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Roland.

--
Roland Dirlewanger
CNRS - Délégation Aquitaine et Poitou-Charentes

Mél : rd@dr15.cnrs.fr, Tél : 05 56 37 80 80, Fax : 05 57 96 10 56