Re: [HACKERS] index fix report

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] index fix report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> When I run this simple scenario:
>
>     create table foo (i int);
>     -- everything is fine
>     select * from pg_class where relname = 'foo'
>     -- no problem
>     select * from pg_class where oid = {oid_num}
>     -- no problem
>     create index foo_x on foo using btree(i);
>     --  Looks ok but it is not
>      select * from pg_class where relname = 'foo'
>     -- no rows found
>      select * from pg_class where oid = {oid_num}
>     -- no rows found
>     -- The table and the index in pg_class cannot be found via ether index.
>     --  They look like single part indexes too.
>     select * from pg_class
>     --  shows foo and foo_x along w/ everything else.
>     --  I can use the UPDATE statement to rewrite the foo and foo_x rows into
> pg_class
>     --  and all is well again.
>     -- INSERTing into foo does not seem to be a problem.
>     --  ALTER table has similar negative effects on the system tables, but I
> have yet to sort them all out.

This does help.  Can you check UpdateRelationRelation(), which is called
from create_index, and which calls CatalogIndexInsert()?  Seems like the
problem must be in that area.

Looks like Tatsuo Ishii is on this already, as he has suggested some
good fixes to heap_addheader(), which is called from
UpdateRelationRelation().

Again, I am sorry to have broken this stuff so badly.