Re: [SQL] parts of date_part()

От Leslie Mikesell
Тема Re: [SQL] parts of date_part()
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
According to Herouth Maoz:

> Actually, it is an RTFM...
>
> >From the manpage of pgbuiltin (my postgres version is 6.2.1):
>
>      For the date_part() and  date_trunc()  functions,  arguments
>      can   be  `year',  `month',  `day',  `hour',  `minute',  and
>      `second',  as  well  as  the  more  specialized   quantities
>      `decade',   `century',   `millenium',   `millisecond',   and
>      `microsecond'.  date_part() allows `dow' to  return  day  of
>      week  and  `epoch' to return seconds since 1970 for datetime
>      and 'epoch' to return total elapsed seconds for timespan.

Is there any documentation (or is any needed) for the equivalent functions
mapped to their SQL92  "extract (field from value)" syntax?

Since I just ran across:
psql=> select date_part('month','01-01-1998'::date);
date_part
---------
       12
(1 row)
and the extract() does the same in this case, I'm being a little cautious...

 Les Mikesell
   les@mcs.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: