Re: TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Jan, I am attaching the current TODO list.  Can you tell me which items
> > are fixed in 6.4?
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >

> > * CREATE VIEW requires super-user priviledge
>
>     Fixed - regular users can create views and rules
>
> > * views on subselects fail
>
>     Must check that - hope it is already fixed
>
> > * computations in views fail:
> >     create view test as select usesysid * usesysid from pg_shadow;
>
>     Will check this too
>
> > * Add full ANSI SQL capabilities
> >     * -Implement HAVING clause(Stephan)
> >     * add OUTER joins, left and right (Thomas)
> >     * make VIEWs updateable where possible
>
>     Rules can be used to make views updateable
>
> > * Fix the rules system(Jan,Soo-Ho)
> >     * robust
> >     * making INSTEAD rules work
> >     * add CONSTRAINT
>
>     The restricted part of rules are robust and instead rules
>     work. Constraints could be implemented as rules but would
>     require a new RAISE statement. I'll work on constraints
>     for 6.5.
>
> > * Allow INSERT INTO ... SELECT ... FROM view to work
>
>     Should work - will check it.
>
> > * Allow views on a UNION
> > * Allow DISTINCT on view
> > * Allow views of aggregate columns
>
>     Check - not yet - check
>
> > * Allow views to specify column names outside SELECT statement
>
>     ??? what is meant by that?

I have no idea.  I am removing it.  Does anyone else know what it means?

I have updated the TODO list.  If you find more items you have fixed,
let me know.  The rewrite system had a large chunk of the TODO list.
That is why I was so excited when you said you could fix it.