Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL's stability,

От Christopher S. Weimann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL's stability,
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Aug 23, 1998 at 03:25:29PM +0200, Rostislav Matl wrote:

> Hi,
> Browsing through MySQL pages I've found crashme tests including
> note about PostgreSQL that "Anybody with access to database
> can get it down". It's that true ? I've not mentioned such
> behaviour...
> Thanks.

And MySql has/had a bug where telnetting to its port would prevent
anyone else from accessing the server.  Everything has problems
and they typically get fixed.

It doesn't surprise me that MySql lists that and doesn't give version
numbers or any justification.

Christopher Weimann SysAdmin              Wall Internet LLC.
Email: cweimann@wallnet.com               PO Box 255
Web: http://www.wallnet.com/~cweimann     Manasquan NJ, 08736
                    732-223-1777