Re: [SQL] Select Query Help

От Leslie Mikesell
Тема Re: [SQL] Select Query Help
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
According to Shawn T. Walker:

> Hello All,
>
>     I am designing a database for a ISP call center.  This is the
> Select statment that I am trying to use to allow a employee search for
> a user.  It displays all of the information that I would like it to,
> but if any of the items in the where clause are not found then that
> item will not come up on the screen.  Can anyone give me any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance....  The mailing list has been great!!!! :)
>
> select myob.username,myob.lname,myob.fname,radius.ip_username,account_types.account_title,status.status_name
> from myob,radius,account_types,status
> where myob.username = radius.username AND radius.account_type = account_types.account_type AND radius.status =
status.status
> order by username;

That's just the way SQL joins are supposed to work.  If you want to
also display non-matching elements in the same query you have to
UNION with another select that gets them.  In general, though, it
is a bad idea to allow the tables to get out of sync with respect
to records containing the key fields.  Unfortunately PostgreSQL doen't
have a way to enforce this internally so it is up to the client app.

  Les Mikesell
    les@mcs.com