Re: [GENERAL] Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver -- Access Order By problem solved!!!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver -- Access Order By problem solved!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I especially hate that it doesn't even say "this part is bogus" sometimes.
> It says "error near 'from'".  *WHICH* from.  I could easily have 3 or 4 in
> even the simplest query.  And god forbid it says "error near ','".  How
> useless is that?!
>
> Okay, enough bitching, I'll be positive:
> psql would be infinitely nicer if it dumped out the query and indicated the
> EXACT location of the problem.

New 6.4 psql help will show:

    test=> \h select
    Command: select
    Syntax:
    SELECT [DISTINCT [ON attrN]] expr1 [AS attr1], ...exprN
            [INTO [TABLE] class_name]
            [FROM from_list]
            [WHERE qual]
            [GROUP BY group_list]
            [HAVING having_clause]
            [ORDER BY attr1 [ASC|DESC] [USING op1], ...attrN ]
            [UNION [ALL] SELECT ...];

Removed <> around user-supplied values, and uppercase the reserved words
to make things clear.  I don't think there is a need to do this on the
manual pages because we have bolding.  Comments?