Re: [INTERFACES] perl interface

От Cyril Ferrand
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] perl interface
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

> Cyril Ferrand wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >         Is there someone who use perl interface to postgres to put a lot of data into
> > a base.
> > When my table are 40 meg my perl stop...
> >

> I'll take a good guess based on what little information you have provided.   I will
> assume the you ran a query which requested a large chunk of that 40 meg table.   The perl
> interface uses libpq.  And libpq slurps the entire query result into memory before
> passing control back to the users code.   This is a weakness of this library.  May I
> suggest that you declare a cursor and request the data in chunks. (fetch 100 rows at a
> time)   If you use a cursor and fetch only one row at a time you may be disappointed in
> the performance.
>

> Hello
in fact i dont make query with my perl script ... i make insert and sometimes
(when table are quite big) my perl script stop but no die....
After i do : perl .... to and my script work until it stop again.
I dont understant why ???

Cyril

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Win32 version of the psql library
От: Byron Nikolaidis
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver -- Access Order By problem solved!!!