Character mode forms designer

От Chris Newman
Тема Character mode forms designer
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I have been working on a simple forms designer using curses and libpq and
now that my initial rush of enthusiasm for this project has subsided I
thought it might be a good time to gather some opinions on how worthwhile
this might be.

Unless I have somehow missed it, I don't recall that there is any software
currently available to allow the development of character mode applications
which connect to a PostgreSQL backend.

However, as the majority of messages to this list concern "pretty"
interfaces, (e.g. pgaccess, pgadmin) I realised it would be worthwhile
checking if others would be interested in this kind of product, or if I am
becoming evermore the minority in preferring terminal use to that wretched
mouse thing. :)

I would be interested to hear both from those who might find a use for such
an application, and any others who have undertaken similar projects.  What
I am looking for, having passed that "Eureka" moment when the first form
query is fetched back successfully, is the motivation to keep going until
it becomes a freely distributable product.

Ideally, I am hoping that there is enough interest to warrant the forming of
a project group to work on this sort of application, be it based on my
prototype or the start of a brand new project.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments.

Chris Newman
--
chris@lightwood.demon.co.uk