Re: [GENERAL] RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>     Hrmmm...one thing to note with any of this is that by 'hardcoding'
> in the errormsg itself, it makes it difficult to 'internationalize' a
> program...in that I can't run a single server on my machine that can
> easily deal with a 'French' customer vs an 'English' one, vs a 'Japanese'
> one...I'd have to recompile for each.
>
>     Vadim's other point, about putting this in the front end vs the
> backend, I think, is more appropriate, that way it is application specific
> vs server...

They could be over-ridden by any postgres backend.  I would recommend
the postmaster loading in the default, and any backend can change it.
Have to get the exec() removed first.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] RE: [HACKERS] error messages not only English