Re: [HACKERS] Automatic type conversion

От Dave Chapeskie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Automatic type conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 12:14:11AM +0000, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> -- there isn't a floating point factorial operator...
> tgl=> select (4.3 !);
> ?column?
> --------
>       24
> (1 row)

Am I the only one that thinks the above is wrong?  4.3 factorial is
mathematically undefined and does NOT equal 24.

I don't think the automatic type conversion should automatically
truncate values without at least a warning.  Preferably I'd like to be
forced to do the conversion myself for cases like the above.

--
Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>, DDM Consulting

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Automatic type conversion
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Automatic type conversion