problem compiling the jdbc driver

От zorll@tu-harburg.d400.de
Тема problem compiling the jdbc driver
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I have a problem with compiling the sources of the JDBC driver on my
Linux system. Simply changing to the directory "src/interfaces/jdbc"
of the PostgreSQL-v6.3.2 sources and typing 'make' didn't do the job.
It showed some of the following error messages:

    javac postgresql/CallableStatement.java
    postgresql/CallableStatement.java:213: Method redefined with
    different return type: postgresql.BigDecimal
         getBigDecimal(int, int) was java.math.BigDecimal
         getBigDecimal(int, int) public BigDecimal getBigDecimal(int
         parameterIndex, int scale)

    ./postgresql/PreparedStatement.java:0: Class java.math.BigDecimal
    not found in type declaration.
         package postgresql;

    ./postgresql/PreparedStatement.java:27: class
    postgresql.PreparedStatement must be declared abstract.
         It does not define void setBigDecimal(int,
         java.math.BigDecimal) from interface
         java.sql.PreparedStatement. public class PreparedStatement
         extends Statement implements java.sql.PreparedStatement

     ./postgresql/PreparedStatement.java:239: Class
     postgresql.BigDecimal not found in type declaration.
         public void setBigDecimal(int parameterIndex, BigDecimal x)
         throws SQLException

     ./postgresql/PreparedStatement.java:241: Class
          postgresql.BigDecimal not found in   void
setBigDecimal(int, postgresql.BigDecimal).
set(parameterIndex, x.toString());

I read the warning in the README file in the jdbc directory, that to
compile the driver sources, you first have to make sure, that the
current directory is in CLASSPATH. As proposed in the README I unset
CLASSPATH with the command 'export CLASSPATH='. But it produced the
same errors as described above. I tried several other variations like
'export CLASSPATH=.:/usr/lib/jdk1.1.5/lib/classes.zip' with the same
negative results.

Probably the reason for this problem is, that some settings of my jdk
installation are not correct. But after several hours of fruitless
experiments and looking for any hints in documention concerning the
jdbc driver, the only chance to get the driver compiled on my box is
to look for help in this list.

I have installed the jdk 1.1.5v6 (port from Steve Byrne) on my system
and I haven't experienced any other problems with it so far. The
kernel version is 2.0.29 and my GNU make is version 3.75

Any hints on what I might have done wrong that everybody else is
obviously doing right would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ralph