Re: AW: [HACKERS] Begin statement again

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Begin statement again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas writes:
> Oracle, like DB/2 can' t set it to on. The autocommit ***on***  in ORA ODBC is a trick.
> It simply silently adds commit once in a while (after every statement).

I know. The problem we were talking about was the automatic beginning of a
transaction. No need to say "begin work" it just starts.

> But please to make the vokabulary easy don't refer to begin, but to 'begin work'
> in this context. 'begin' will mean begin a statement block, not a transaction block.

I know that, too. But currently in postgresql begin means the same as begin
work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20