Re: [HACKERS] First mega-patch...

От Andrew Martin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] First mega-patch...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The file can be found in
>
>     ftp.postgresql.org:/pub/patches/.test/v6.3p1.tar.gz
>
> and is hidden from public view...
>
> *NOTE: This is not to be discussed in any other mailing list, period, or
>        you will lose your secret decoder ring, and we'll have to cut off
>        your hands so that you can't do the secret handshake anymore*

Geesh! Why the secrecy? Surely the more people who test it the better. Look
at the number of bugs that have turned up in the last 2 weeks since 6.3
was released - none of them *terribly* serious, but a fair number none
the less.

Has Marc suddenly taken some sort of commercial attitude???? (Give the
customer a product - who cares if it hasn't been tested by as many
people as possible - we can charge for an upgrade :-)

Yours puzzled!

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775

От: "Pedro J. Lobo"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Alpha initdb fixed!
От: sferac@bo.nettuno.it
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] MySQL benchmark page