PostgreSQL bug in UPPER

От 026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca (Michael Richards)
Тема PostgreSQL bug in UPPER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi:

Little bug causes postgres to die:
sc=> select count(*) from urlcont where (UPPER(url) LIKE '%APOLLO%');
Field| Value
-- RECORD 0 --
count| 1
(1 row)

sc=> select count(*) from urlcont where (UPPER(content) LIKE '%APOLLO%');
FATAL 1:  palloc failure: memory exhausted
sc=> select count(*) from urlcont where (UPPER(url) LIKE '%APOLLO%');
Broken pipe
bash$ psql -x sc
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: sc

sc=> select count(*) from urlcont where (UPPER(url) LIKE '%APOLLO%');
Field| Value
-- RECORD 0 --
count| 1
(1 row)
sc-> \d urlcont

Table    = urlcont
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
| url                              | varchar()                        |
256 |
| pos                              | int4                             |
4 |
| content                          | varchar()                        |
1024 |