Re: Why no Oracle, Sybase, Informix etc.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Why no Oracle, Sybase, Informix etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> <SNIP>
> >
> > Gee, I didn't think we were faster than Velocis.  Hope you are planning
> > on moving to PostgreSQL 6.3.  It is even better and faster.
>
> That's what I'm using! (now) and yes, in my particular application
> simple selects are about 15% faster than Velocis 1.41 on BSDi 3.1.  I

That is surprising.  I assume you have turned off fsync with the -F
option.

> didn't spend a *whole* lot of time trying to tweak the CGI programs (
> didn't have too much time to spend actually ) for either platform tho.
> Truth is, PostgreSQL *ROCKS!*, I just have a hard time selling customers
> on the idea of 'free' software.  Perhaps you guys should package 6.3
> under a different name and sell it for $12,000 to $15,000 U.S.  ;-)
>
> You guys do a fantastic job!

Glad to hear you like it.

root@candle.pha.pa.us                  |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

От: Karl Denninger
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Heh, the disappearing problem!