Re: [HACKERS] How to...?

От Andrew Martin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How to...?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I do think it would be a good idea if the pg_dumpall from the new release
> > looked for these now-reserved column names and warned the user. You could
> > then at least know where problems will occur. In upgrades from d/b versions
> > which support ALTER TABLE xxx RENAME COLUMN yyy TO zzz, you would actually
> > be able to do something about it before re-dumping...
>
> pg_dumpall is just a shell script.  You would have to do it in pg_dump.
> I hesistate to meddle with that code unless I have good reason for it.
Having psql core dump seems like a pretty good reason to me :-)

> We could have a separate function that scans pg_attribute looking for
> bad column names.
Whatever... This could be run as the first stage of pg_dumpall to say
"Hey these column names are no longer allowed..."

> Bruce Momjian                          |  830 Blythe Avenue

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] How to...?
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [QUESTIONS] DANGER WILL ROBINSON!