Re: [DOCS] Re: pgsql-docs-digest V1 #312

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Re: pgsql-docs-digest V1 #312
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>
> > I have been thinking about a logo.  Basically, all SQL databases are
> > based on tables, like spreadsheets.
> >
> > Perhaps we could have a black-and-white stone tablet saying SQL laying
> > on the ground, perhaps broken or old looking, and a color PostgreSQL
> > tablet leaning up and looking like an SQL table containing data, except
> > the data forms the words PostgreSQL.  We could do other exciting things
> > in the table fields like have things jumping out of them, because we
> > support functions/inheritance/user types.
>
> I added some ideas from this post to
> http://www.trust.ee/Info/PostgreSQL.figs/logo/page2.html  ;)

I think I like the crocodile animal idea.  The water as an SQL table
idea is interesting.  Another idea would be the crocodile eating an SQL
table.

As far as the above post, if we changed the old brick wall so it looks
like an SQL table, we can change PostgreSQL to emphasize POSTgreSQL, so
we can show we are post/beyond SQL.  This may be a nice distinction to
make in the web site banner image.