Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...

От Andrew Martin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...  (teunis <teunis@mauve.computersupportcentre.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc wrote...
> On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
>

> > It's OK Marc, us linux'ists weren't offended _too_ much by that quote :))
>
>     I'm such a trouble maker, but I find most Linux'ers such easy easy
> prey *grin*  I have this University full of Linux'ers
I wonder why there are SO MANY Linux'ers? :-)

> that you can spark
> up just with a comment like "Linux != Unix"...which, it isn't, its a
> Unix-like clone...but they can't seem to figure the distinction *rofl*

Agreed... :-)  But BSD isn't Unix either - not officially. [Waits for
Marc to disagree, again...]

Not to mention the fact that at least one release of Linux did go through
full Posix certification and is thus allowed to be called Unix :-)

Andrew
Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin                             University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin@biochem.ucl.ac.uk    (Home) andrew@stagleys.demon.co.uk
Tel:   (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890                    (Home) +44(0)1372 275775

От: Andrew Martin
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL - the Linux of Databases...
От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: patches now that 6.3 has been released