Re: [HACKERS] ecpg stuff

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ecpg stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
> > Joking aside, there is one bug or better missing feature that I need some
> > input on. Does anyone know what the standards say to the prepare command? Is
> > dynamic SQL a standard?
>
> Yes it is. I have the Date/Darwen book on the SQL standard, and can look up
> answers in the book if you like...

Yes, I like that. Could you please also lookup:

- the whenever statement
- and check resp. tell me whether the cursor behaviour is correct. Currently
the declare statement is send to the backend via PQexec. The open statement
is ignored and the fetch is executed as fetch via PQexec. I think the data
shouldn't be processed before the cursor is opened. But I do not know
what PostgreSQL does with the declare command.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20