Re: [HACKERS] how about a "bugs" regression test?

От Keith Parks
Тема Re: [HACKERS] how about a "bugs" regression test?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Eeek,

I'd almost forgotten about this suggestion.

I'll start looking through my mailbox and see if there are any
interesting snippets of SQL that might form a basis for this.

Keith.

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
> Keith Parks <emkxp01@mtcc.demon.co.uk>
>
> On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Keith Parks wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I wonder if it might be useful to maintain a "bugs" regression test, where
> > we could include various tests that people have supplied to highlight bugs
> > in the system and that have subsequently been fixed?
> >
> > I'm thinking along the lines of the current varchar() bug that can be
> > easily demonstrated in a couple of lines of sql.
> >
> > Ideally the varchar() bug test could be included in the varchar tests
> > but it may be easier to collect such misc things in a seperate file
> > that could be regularly updated as we get examples.
> >
> > The people testing and fixing the problems could supply the additions
> > to the bugs.sql and bugs.out files as we find/fix them?
>
>     Sounds cool to me...someone want to submit a "start" to this?
>
> Marc G. Fournier
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] wishlist: PQfsize
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] wishlist: PQfsize