Re: [HACKERS] postmaster crash and .s.pgsql file

От Brook Milligan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster crash and .s.pgsql file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   > I would opt for /var/run to store the pid files and have the name set to

       That would assume that postmaster runs as root, which is not
   allowed...has to be in /tmp somewhere

No.  Make /var/run writable by some group (e.g., group pidlog) and put
postgres (and other things like root or daemon or ..., whatever needs
to log pid files) in that group.

/var/run really is where a pid file should be.  I submitted a patch
that would do this some time ago.  I'll resend it if there is
interest.

Cheers,
Brook