Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)

От Stan Brown
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>Hi...
>
>    I added this to the contrib directory for the server,  but am
>wondering if anyone feels that this just might be useful as a "normal"
>datatype, instead of just in the contrib directory...
>
>Marc G. Fournier
>Systems Administrator @ hub.org
>primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

    I think this would be great as a standard tyoe. Many people wn't poke
    around n the source tree looking for neat things like this, but would
    gain even greater respect for Postgres if they found it in the default
    system. Remember we know have a lot of people installing RedHat inux,
    and being presented with Postgres as the default SQL server.

    I would like to see them impressed by the functionality. Many of these
    people will probably want to do table with network parmaters in them.

    I recomend making it a standard type.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems