Re: [HACKERS] Re: New pg_pwd patch and stuff

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: New pg_pwd patch and stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Yes, I agree we should be able to restrict who gets into which
> > databases.  It is on the TODO list.
> >
> > * More access control over who can create tables and access the database
> >
> > The reason it doesn't get complained about more is that many commercial
> > databases have similar lack of funciontality.
>
> Although not perfect, we can do this now by using different password files
> for each database, and having an entry for each database in pg_hba.conf

Someone sent in a patch to pg_hba.conf that allows use of the %
character to say people can only access databases with their name on it.
Marc will apply it soon, and Marc, we need a manual page mention for it.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us