Re: [HACKERS] Can't run current PostgreSQL

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Can't run current PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I am trying to run the latest version (supping source daily) and I get the
> following error when I run psql.
>
> Connection to database 'darcy' failed.
> connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running and accepting connections at 'UNIX Socket' on port '5432'?
>
> Have I missed some change that I have to make?  This is on the same
> system as the server.

I have seen cases since the password changes that the postmaster does
not start properly.  If I start it from a script, it failes, but if I
start it from the command line or gdb, it works.

Haven't figured out why yet.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us