Re: [HACKERS] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
=?UTF-8?Q?Rados=C5=82aw_Smogura?= <rsmogura@softperience.eu> writes:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:37:05 +0200, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> wrote:
>>> But... connection pooler will not send RESET ALL in some situations,

>> To me, that sounds like a bug in the connection pooler. It is only
>> safe under quite limited circumstances.

> It's hard to say this is bug.

No it isn't.  What you've described is a broken, unsafe, insecure pooler
that could not under any circumstances be recommended for general
purpose use.  It might be okay if you trust all the clients to cooperate
completely, and to not have any bugs that might cause them to release a
connection while it's in a non-default state.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.