Re: EPCOH: extract returns millisecs too?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: EPCOH: extract returns millisecs too?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp> writes:
> [ the docs state ]

> SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM TIMESTAMP '2001-02-16 20:38:40');
> Result: 982352320

Sure, that is an exact-second timestamp; it's not going to have any
fractional-second component.

> But if I seem to get milliseconds too in my queries:

> $ psql sessions -c "SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM current_timestamp) as now"
>         now
>   1029298563.74248
> (1 row)

> Are the Docs out of date? How can I get EXTRACT to only return seconds?

We return fractional seconds in current_timestamp since 7.2.  You can
use current_timestamp(0) to round the result to seconds, or just apply
round() to EXTRACT's result.