Re: Removing our datasource/pooling implementation.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Removing our datasource/pooling implementation.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> Some of the SQL states I assigned aren't very good matches. The main one
> is that "you can't do that operation on that sort of object" type of
> error is mapped to "object not in prerequisite state". Any better ideas?

ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE (42809) seems like a better match.  The
prerequisite-state error implies that you could have done that operation
on that object, if it were in a more receptive mood.

The 42xxx series covers pretty much anything in the
what-were-you-thinking category, AFAICS.  If I'd been on the committee
I would have broken it down a bit more...