Re: question about the admin contrib module and binary

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: question about the admin contrib module and binary
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
> I understand it was created by the pgAdmin project, but don't you think
> it would be better to be with the rest of the contrib modules?

Except it isn't one of the contrib modules.  The fact that you think of
it as being like them doesn't make it one of them.

> I and many others don't want to install a pgadmin rpm on a server that
> has no GUI, that would not make any sense at all.

Which is one very good reason why it should be a separate RPM, no?  If
it were in the contrib RPM then you could not install that RPM *at all*
on a machine that didn't have all of pgadmin's dependencies.  I don't
know offhand what its dependencies are, but I'd imagine they include a
fair number of "GUI" packages.