Re: Bug #862: strange select results

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #862: strange select results
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> I have created an view. When I select fields separately all looks ok but when I try to select 3 fields for
concatention(f1 || f2 || f3) the resul is empty when f3 is empty. I think it is not expected bahaviour.

That's the way NULLs are defined to work by the SQL specification.
There is a big difference between NULL and an empty string --- don't use
one when you mean the other.

От: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Сообщение: Bug #862: strange select results
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Libpq is not a shared library on Mac OS X