Re: Stats for inheritance trees

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats for inheritance trees
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
decibel <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> On Dec 29, 2009, at 6:29 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> * when a tabstat message comes in, increment changes_since_analyze by
>> the sum of t_tuples_inserted + t_tuples_updated + t_tuples_deleted;
>>
>> * when an analyze report message comes in, reset changes_since_analyze
>> to zero.

> If that's being added, could we extend the concept to also keep a reltuples_delta column (name suggestions welcome!)
thatis = reltuples_delta + t_tuples_inserted - t_tuples_deleted, and then set reltuples_delta back to 0 after an
analyze(or anything else that would reset reltuples)? That means you could use reltuples + reltuples_delta as a fairly
accuraterow count.

We already have a fairly accurate row count.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] tribble.postgresql.org - planned maintenance downtime
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling