Re: Coding style question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Coding style question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<korryd@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> initializers also force you to declare variables in the scope where they
> are needed.  Instead of declaring every variable at the start of the
> function, it's better to declare them as nested as practical (not as
> nested as possible, but as nested as practical).

I agree that in many places it'd be better style to declare variables in
smaller scopes ... but that's not the point you started the thread with.
In any case, the initializer-vs-assignment decision is the same no
matter what scope you're talking about --- I don't see how that "forces"
you to do it either way.