Re: [PERFORM] Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit
Дата
Ответ на Re: [PERFORM] Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit  ("Pavan Deolasee" <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [PERFORM] Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit  ("Pavan Deolasee" <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
"Pavan Deolasee" <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <heikki@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Yep, patch attached. I also changed xactGetCommittedChildren to return
>> the original array instead of copying it, as Alvaro suggested.

> Any comments on the flag based approach I suggested earlier ?

I didn't like it; it seemed overly complicated (consider dealing with
XID wraparound), and it would have problems with a slow transaction
generating a sparse set of subtransaction XIDs.  I think getting rid of
the linear search will be enough to fix the performance problem.

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] Very slow (2 tuples/second) sequential scan after bulk insert; speed returns to ~500 tuples/second after commit