Re: Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc?

От David Geier
Тема Re: Reduce timing overhead of EXPLAIN ANALYZE using rdtsc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

On 2/14/23 13:48, David Geier wrote:

> It still fails.
>
> I'll get Cirrus-CI working on my own Github fork so I can make sure it
> really compiles on all platforms before I submit a new version.

It took some time until Cirrus CI allowed me to run tests against my new
GitHub account (there's a 3 days freeze to avoid people from getting
Cirrus CI nodes to mine bitcoins :-D). Attached now the latest patch
which passes builds, rebased on latest master.

I also reviewed the first two patches a while ago in [1]. I hope we can
progress with them to further reduce the size of this patch set.

Beyond that: I could work on support for more OSs (e.g. starting with
Windows). Is there appetite for that or do we rather want to instead
start with a smaller patch?

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3ac157f7-085d-e071-45fc-b87cd306360c%40gmail.com

--