Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jay O'Connor" <joconnor@cybermesa.com> writes:
> One comment he got from the architect of another web site is as follows

As best I can tell, this comment is based on ancient information.
Postgres has gotten very substantially faster over the years ... and
it also helps a lot to know something about how to tune it (the
out-of-the-box settings are excessively conservative).  I would not
put a lot of stock in hearsay evaluations of performance, especially
not from someone who hasn't tested recent PG releases.