Re: BUG #6318: pg_dump for non-template languages is broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6318: pg_dump for non-template languages is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at writes:
> dumpme=# CREATE LANGUAGE mylang HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler INLINE
> plpgsql_inline_handler VALIDATOR plpgsql_validator;

I don't think this is a particularly interesting use-case.  The reason
it doesn't work for you is that it's depending on support functions
that are in pg_catalog, and as the comment in pg_dump.c says:

    /*
     * Try to find the support function(s).  It is not an error if we don't
     * find them --- if the functions are in the pg_catalog schema, as is
     * standard in 8.1 and up, then we won't have loaded them. (In this case
     * we will emit a parameterless CREATE LANGUAGE command, which will
     * require PL template knowledge in the backend to reload.)
     */

An actual add-on procedural language would not fall foul of this.