Re: How to determine a database is intact?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to determine a database is intact?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wes <wespvp@syntegra.com> writes:
> There's more than 250 million rows.  If I remember right, it's ballpark 25%
> data reload, 75% index/foreign constraint rebuild.  Pg_dumpall is something
> like 3 hours or so.

FWIW, increasing sort_mem for the reload process would probably help
with the index and FK rebuilds.  (8.0 rejiggers things so that the
memory constraints for these operations are driven off a separate
variable, but in 7.* you need to muck about with sort_mem.  The
appropriate value for one-off operations is a lot higher than what
you would want multiple competing backends to be using.)