Re: no mailing list hits in google

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: no mailing list hits in google
Дата
Список pgsql-www

It's not the right list; redirecting to pgsql-www.

> I've noticed that mailing list discussions in -hackers and other
> mailing lists appear to not be indexed by google -- at all.  We are
> also not being tracked by any mailing list aggregators -- in contrast
> to a decade ago where we had nabble and other systems to collect and
> organize results (tbh, often better than we do) we are now at an
> extreme disadvantage; mailing list activity was formerly and
> absolutely fantastic research via google to find solutions to obscure
> technical problems in the database.  Limited access to this
> information will directly lead to increased bug reports, lack of
> solution confidence, etc.

> My test case here is the query: pgsql-hackers ExecHashJoinNewBatch
> I was searching out a link to recent bug report for copy/paste into
> corporate email. In the old days this would fire right up but now
> returns no hits even though the discussion is available in the
> archives (which I had to find by looking up the specific day the
> thread was active).  Just a heads up.

Hm.  When I try googling that, the first thing I get is

    pgsql-hackers - PostgreSQL

    No information is available for this page.
    Learn why

and the "learn why" link says that "You are seeing this result because the
page is blocked by a robots.txt file on your website."

So somebody has blocked the archives from being indexed.
Seems like a bad idea.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: