Re: [HACKERS] need help with csh

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] need help with csh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 06:58:04PM +0000, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> I'm trying to fix up initlocation to accept an environment variable as
> an input parameter (in addition to the absolute path name it already
> accepts).

And how shall it dsitinguish between a path and a variable?

> I'd like to be able to say:
>
>   setenv PGDATA2 /home/postgres/data
>   initlocation PGDATA2

But this could mean the path PGDATA2 too, couldn't it?

> Anyone know how to do this? Please??

I don't even know if it's at all possible.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes      | Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz | Go SF49ers!
Senior-Consultant       | business: Michael.Meskes@mummert.de | Go Rhein Fire!