Re: proposal: make NOTIFY list de-duplication optional

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal: make NOTIFY list de-duplication optional
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Filip Rembiałkowski
> <filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But then it becomes disputable if SQL syntax change makes sense.
>>
>> ---we had this,
>> NOTIFY channel [ , payload ]
>> ---and in this patch we have this
>> NOTIFY [ ALL | DISTINCT ] channel [ , payload ]
>> ---  but maybe we should have this?
>> NOTIFY channel [ , payload [ , mode ] ]

> What about adopting the options-inside-parentheses format, the way
> EXPLAIN does nowadays, something like:
> NOTIFY (DEDUPLICATE FALSE, MODE IMMEDIATE) mychannel;

FWIW, I think it would be a good thing if the NOTIFY statement syntax were
not remarkably different from the syntax used in the pg_notify() function
call.  To do otherwise would certainly be confusing.  So on the whole
I'd go with the "NOTIFY channel [ , payload [ , mode ] ]" option.