Re: Debian bug report about multibyte in 7.3.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Debian bug report about multibyte in 7.3.3
Дата
Re: Debian bug report about multibyte in 7.3.3  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> Does anyone know this bug report:

The bug reporter is in error to be claiming he is running 7.3.3, because
the assert() in question is at line 334 not 331 in 7.3.3.  He may have
7.3.3 client libraries, but he must be talking to a server version
between 7.3 and 7.3.2.

I believe the bug probably is the same one reported/fixed here:

* src/backend/regex/regcomp.c (REL7_3_STABLE): Fix char-vs-pg_wcharconfusion in p_ere(), per failure report from Tom
O'Dowd. This fixis not relevant to CVS tip anymore, but we should fix it in 7.3.*.

which would mean that it is indeed fixed in 7.3.3.  I suppose the reason
Oliver never forwarded this report is he couldn't duplicate it...