Re: Querying a parent table's child schemas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Querying a parent table's child schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Matthews, James" <jmatthews@Railpower.com> writes:
>       I was wondering if there was a way to SELECT from a parent table
> and display the schema associated with a child table's data.

It's not entirely clear to me which meaning of "schema" you have in
mind, but perhaps the tableoid system column would help you?  That
lets you determine which child table the row really came from,
and then you can join to the system catalogs to get whatever data
you are actually after.