Re: Help with duration of statement: EXECUTE [PREPARE: COMMIT]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help with duration of statement: EXECUTE [PREPARE: COMMIT]
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> My guess would be overstressed disk subsystem.  A COMMIT doesn't require
>> much except fsync'ing the commit WAL record down to disk ...

> Doesn't the "commit" statement also release all the locks held by the
> transaction?

Yeah, and there's a nontrivial amount of other cleanup too, but it all
amounts to just changes in in-memory data structures.  I don't see that
taking five seconds, especially not if commits of similar transactions
usually take much less than that.